- The BINZI big face sports watch for men: this has a comfortable silicone strap and has multiple functions. Along with, it has an LED backlight and a large watch face. It is basically an analog digital watch with illuminated hands and controls which are pretty simple to use. The watch is rated 3ATM waterproof and the makers make it a point to say that one should not wear it while swimming or showering. Continue reading
Some makes like Mondaine, Triwa, Braun and Olivia Burton have some great watches which money can buy. Here we present some models which have white dials.
- The Swissstyle analog white dial women’s watch is one example of fine craftsmanship and good design. Also its structural ability is well worth the money that one spends on purchasing it. Continue reading
Some of the coolest high tech watches come from Olivia Burton, Triwa watches, Braun and Mondaine. Here is a look at some other cool high tech watches:
- The HD3 Slyde: This has been designed by Jorg Hysek Jr, son of the famous French watchmaker, Jorg Hysek Sr. This has a 232×240 pixel, 28×29 mm active zone LED screen with a sapphire crystal. The watch has three battery indicator lights on the side and a light sensor as well.
- The Seiko Astron is from the house of as suggested by the name, Seiko. It is a solar-powered watch and is made with stainless steel. It is GPS controlled and recognizes 39 time zones via satellite.
- The HM4 Thunderbolt is made by MB&F. The 311 component aviation-inspired Standard Olivia Burton watchs hinges on the HM4 engine and has dual dials. It is made with Grade 5 Titanium and has a body fashioned out of sapphire.
- The Samsung Galaxy Gear comes with a 1.6 inch super Amoled 320×320 pixel touchscreen and a 1.9 MP primary camera. It has voice memos and the ability to recognize voice commands as well. However, there is no GPS or Wi-Fi on the wristwatch but there is a need for charging through USB connector.
- The Tread 1 is a time piece created by Devon. It is based on a patented system called Interwoven Time Belts. Working from California, DEVON is the only Amercian watch firm which is making use of this technology.
- The Sony LiveView is a flagship smart catch from Sony Ericsson. It can connect with phones via Bluetooth and is able to give out information such as missed calls, texts and facebook or Twitter updates. It comes with a 128×128 pixels, 1.3 inch OLED touchscreen display and connects only with Android 2.0 plus smartphones.
- I’m Watch is a high tech smartwatch wihc has a 1.54 inch and 220 pixels per inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 240×240. It runs on cross platform Android and can connect its Bluetooth with blackberry 10 plus iOS 4 plus.
- The Phosphor E-INK curved leather band watch is created by Phosphor. The digital display of this piece makes use of the E Ink electronic paper display. This comes in two modes – a standard numeric digital one and a graphic display and a graphic hour clock display.
- The Polar RS699CX is a piece which is designed by Polar. This is a smart watch which is fine tuned towards multi-sport. All in all, this has a good 80 features in it and this includes measuring temperature, heart rate, GPS, speed, average running stride length monitor. This can even function like a bicycle-mounted cyclometer.
- Azimuth SP-1 Mecanique – this is nicknamed Spaceship Watch is a concept watch by Azimuth. This piece is a mix of futuristic styling and progressive technical flaunts. It incorporates 3 dimensional minute hand and perforated leather strap with blue stitching. In addition, it is also water resistant.
One needs to be very careful while cleaning and oiling a vintage mechanical wristwatch. This is a job in which a certain amount of deftness and tact is involved. It should not be taken on by clumsy people or those who wish to do the job in a bit of a hurry. Take your time over it and come out with a watch which is nicely oiled and cleaned up. Be very careful when you are dealing with brands like Braun,Triwa, Mondaine and Olivia Burton Wristwatch since these are bit on the upscale side.
Also, cleaning and oiling a mechanical watch is something which needs to be done every now and then, pretty much on a regular basis. Or else, one may end up with a piece which is not working well. Make sure that before you get into this task, your hands are very clean and free of dust. Then, and only then, can you be sure of cleaning up something properly. One speck of dust, even a tiny stand of hair or lint or a piece of dead skin can spoil the full machinery of the unit.
Your tool kit should be totally clean
Before you get into this task, make sure that you have all the tools ready and in place. They should be cleaned up properly themselves before you delve into the actual cleaning of the watch unit. It is also a good idea, especially if you are a beginner in this type of work, that you take on the bigger and the less expensive models of watches first. Do not start off with something very expensive or delicate since the machinery in these units is very complicated. One wrong move here or there can spoil the entire exercise and may even make the unit become defective. Thus, perfect your skills on pieces which are not all that costly.
Familiarize yourself with the piece parts of the mechanical watch. It basically constitutes a train bridge, a third wheel, set lever, transmission wheel, barrel bridge, winding pinion, clutch wheel, stem, crown, yoke spring, setting lever, yoke, set wheel, lower barrel arbor pivot, minute wheel, mainspring barrel, center shaft and cannon pinion, hole jewel, et al. You should know what each of these looks like and what the individual function of each is.
Follow the steps from a book of rules, and you are sorted
Make it a point to get a good book to start your watch cleaning odyssey with. Begin your work with opening the watch. Then take it apart, piece by piece. Do follow a method to this madness since there is a way to do it. Follow instructions from a good book. Clean the watch cover which is usually made of glass with a lot of care. Then get onto the clock face or the dial of the watch. Clean the piece parts carefully and make sure to use a soft cloth which does not tear easily or which is made of flannel or any other material which can leave behind some fuzz or wool. Reassemble the watch parts.
The best place to find watches for women is the online world. One of the most comfortable aspects of shopping online is the comfort, time and space that one can do it in. A person just needs a computer and an internet connection to get going with this deal of shopping for best Mondaine watches for women. Be it a Mondaine, or a Braun, or Triwa or Olivia Burton or any other make for that matter, the watch is just a click of a button away.